- Our barre workouts feature a 60-minute workout designed to sculpt, strengthen, and stretch the muscles. Small weights, abdominal work, muscle isolations, functional training, and classical ballet exercises are done to improve body composition, performance, and endurance. Stretching is emphasized to improve flexibility, prevent injury, reduce stress, improve posture, and improve range of motion of the joints.
- The BeyondBarre GlideBoard is used as the cardio component to increase stamina and cardiovascular health.
- The Barre progressions sculpt the entire body focusing on the legs but also challenging the core.
Who is BeyondBarre for?
- BeyondBarre is for everybody! Each instructor is trained to instruct clients of all fitness levels and abilities. If you have an injury, instructors use specific modifications to prevent further injury and also strengthen the weakened area of the body. Each class is set to a certain rhythm and pace but encourages each client to work at their ability and listen to their body. Instructors promote support and camaraderie within each class. You do not have to be flexible or a dancer to take barre class.
How long is a BeyondBarre class?
What is the BeyondBarre GlideBoard?
- The Glide Board is a 4, 4.5, 5, or 5.5 feet long board used for the cardio portion of the workout. It is comprised of slick plastic surface, two stoppers, and two bumpers. By using canvas ballet slippers or ToeSox Ultra Sport on the board you can create a side-to-side gliding motion which increases your stamina and endurance.
Can I wear socks from home?
- Ballet slippers are ideal however NON cotton socks will work well too.
- Ballet slippers are available for purchase for $20-$28
- Yoga socks or simply your feet are fine for all yoga classes.
- Non cotton socks or slippers are required for the barre classes.
- We have a special for $39 that includes slippers, grip socks, and a carrying barre bag
Do I need to bring anything?
- Water and a yoga mat are preferred however we keep water in stock as well as loaner mats on hand.
When will I see results?
- We recommend clients workout between 3-4 times a week to see results within 4 weeks. Consistency is key to seeing the body change. Healthy eating and living will also increase your fitness results.